Matcha has quickly become all the rage, although this ancient tea is far from new. Our Premium grade Matcha is grown in the Tōkai region of Japan and comes from Tencha Green Tea of the Camellia Sinensis plant. The perfect blend for ceremonial matcha tea, lattes, or put a scoop in you morning smoothie for an energy boost that will last all day!
Matcha is finely ground powder of specially grown and processed green tea leaves. It is special in two aspects of farming and processing; the green tea plants for matcha are shade-grown for three to four weeks before harvest, and the stems and veins are removed during processing.
Amongst its many health benefits, matcha…
- Is packed with antioxidants including the powerful EGCg
- Boosts metabolism and burns calories
- Detoxifies effectively and naturally
- Calms the mind and relaxes the body
- Is rich in fiber, chlorophyll and vitamins
- Enhances mood and aids in concentration
- Provides vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium
- Prevents disease
- Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
Ingredients: 100% Pure Japanese Matcha
Sift 1/2 tsp of matcha into a bowl or cup then add 2 oz of hot water (175° F). Mix with bamboo whisk or milk frother until smooth froth forms. Add more hot water to taste (2-4 oz recommended)
Store loose leaf teas in an airtight container away from light and heat.